RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

March 16th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Support Team

RangerMSP User Question*

We see all the tickets in the inbox tab – regardless of whether they are closed or other status.
Can we remove the closed items in bulk?
--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

March 16th, 2015, 06:07 AM
Support Team

Answer

Yes, you can clean your Tickets Inbox and remove all closed tickets at once. First, you should switch to Tickets Inbox view and then filter the Inbox list by the 'Completed' status (It is important to filter because the following options affects ALL tickets in the list).

Then go to the Tickets menu > Tools > Batch Remove Tickets from Inbox.
As mentioned - This action will remove ALL listed Tickets from Inbox.

April 4th, 2018, 08:17 AM
nattivillin

Is there a way that tickets I reply to can be removed form the inbox automatically?

Then I can have a better feel of what I need to do, vs what has already been done, replied, etc.

April 4th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Support Team

When closing the ticket it is automatically removed from the Inbox if the option is enabled under the Tools > Options > Ticket Admin tab.

You can also remove the Ticket from Inbox by dragging it to one of the statuses on the left navigation pane or using the option 'Remove from Inbox' in the pop up menu.

Hope this helps.

April 10th, 2018, 05:51 AM
nattivillin

It is checked but they remain.

After i read the clients response, and hit < back to ticket list, is that closing the ticket?

April 10th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Support Team

Actually "closing the ticket' refers to changing the Ticket status to Completed, so closing the Ticket details window will not remove the Ticket from the Inbox.

April 11th, 2018, 01:58 PM
nattivillin

So how does one use the ticket inbox? If it is populated with every open ticket, how do I know which one(s) needs attention?

April 12th, 2018, 06:02 AM
Support Team

The ticket is pushed into the Inbox if it was created or modified from EXTERNAL sources - e.g. by the customer via Email-to-Ticket feature or using the Customer Web Portal or by a third-party application, that is based on the API.

In other words, tickets created by the Employee users using the RangerMSP itself are not automatically added to the Inbox.

As you may have already noticed, the Inbox is sorted by 'Last External Activity' that should help you to see the Tickets that customers replied to them or updated them via the portal.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

April 13th, 2018, 08:24 AM
nattivillin

I noticed today that the envelope icon changes for read/unread.

Could you add some color to that? Make the unread icon red or something?

Then my poor self will spend less time trying to figure out which inbox tickets need responding to!

April 13th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Support Team

The envelop icon for the read/unread does indeed change for the Ticket managers. The icons are currently fixed and you cannot replace them with others. Thanks for asking. Noted.