RangerMSP Business Automation for successful ITs

Go Back   RangerMSP Forums > RangerMSP Software Discussion Forum (CCRM)

September 18th, 2017, 09:22 AM
ak47uk

Is there a way to track which ticket an asset came from? i.e. I have a ticket where I supply a piece of equipment, I right-click the charge in the ticket and select new asset from charge and enter in the details of where it was from etc.

In the future can I open the asset and see which ticket it came from?

Thanks

September 18th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Support Team

​You can go back to the original Ticket and link that Ticket to this Asset. This way, whenever you'll view the Ticket or Asset you can see the two relate. For example, from the Asset visit the Tickets tab (of the Asset) to see all linked tickets, in this case the first one is probably the one you're looking for.

Hope this helps.​

September 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
ak47uk

Thanks but how would this work if a lot of equipment is supplied as part of a single job (ticket)? If I understand properly you are saying to select the Asset in the drop down list of the ticket details but I thought only one asset can be selected here.

September 18th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Support Team

Yes, this is correct when you looking at it from this angle. What you can do then is to add a new custom tab and place a custom field on it that will be used for ticket selection. Then, under this custom tab of the Asset you'll pick the Ticket it has "started" from.

Hope this helps.