PDA

View Full Version : API and MSP integration

raycollazo
April 15th, 2009, 08:26 PM
I am not yet familiar with the API but was wondering if it was possible to write an integration with Level Platforms or Kaseya etc. that is beyond the email-->Ticket function.

I am looking for the following:

-Asset information is automatically transferred

-A closed-loop ticketing system with bi-directional functionality i.e -closes out service orders updating assets data in both applications

-Automatically generates invoices for monitored items and updates for new items.

Support Team
April 16th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Hi,

RangerMSP's API allows you to add and update information stored in the RangerMSP system. You can develop any program you wish and use the API to update information (such as Asset details) from these programs. You can also use the API with XML formatted emails. You can find some more information about our API and integration options here.

In case you wish to try this and check feasibility with your model, please contact us directly and we will provide you with more technical information about using the API.

Cheers,

Dina

raycollazo
April 17th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Is there an SDK or Documentation for the AP and is it freely available? Where can we get the package? We want to get an idea of the development efforts to meet current requirements we have in our new system.

Ray

vsouthmayd
April 17th, 2009, 10:04 PM
Are you using Kaseya or Level Platforms? We are a Kaseya user. I am looking for Kaseya users to discuss integration best practices ie. K alert to C ticket or K ticket to C ticket. Kaseya has a limited API available, but the other closed loop PSA systems like Tigerpaw, and Connectwise are hitting the K SQL DB directly.

The CommitCRM API is available by request. One requirement if you are going to implement direct reading of the CommitCRM DB via ODBC you should plan on upgrading to the CommitCRM SQL database versus the standard file based db. You will run into locking issues, if you are reading via ODBC and using the CommitCRM application.

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing
http://twitter.com/VernonSouthmayd

raycollazo
April 19th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Thanks Vernon. Are you using CommitCRM with Kaseya now, or just trying to build it out? We are just starting on an MSP platform and will probably use Level Platforms after a 3 week "bake-Off" between Kaseya, N-Able and LPI. The importing of assests is very important to us, and if that can be automated that would be even better. If someone has done some work with LPI, or is interested in it, I would want to hear from them as well.

vsouthmayd
April 19th, 2009, 06:46 PM
We are Kaseya now and Integrating Kaseya Alerts to CommitCRM tickets. Kaseya to CommitCRM assets is on the to do list. Kaseya offers access to the asset data either through their API, or sqlviews. The challenge is long term polling addition or deletion of assets from Kaseya and updatingCommitCRM.

Vernon Southmayd
Creative Computing
http://twitter.com/VernonSouthmayd

Support Team
April 20th, 2009, 07:40 AM
As for LPI - Level Platforms MSP email alerts can also be converted to service tickets in RangerMSP. Read more.

Neta

jbbjshlws
July 7th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I currently run Kasyea, and looking for a CRM solution, i have not decided on what one to go with just yet (either CommitCRM or ConnectWise), i have been extremely happy with the support from CommitCRM and extremely unhappy with the support from ConnectWise, so my decision is leaning towards CommitCRM at the moment.

I have seen that Kaseya integration (with two way Asset Management, Ticket Control and Alerts) has been on the cards for about 18 months, my question is, would anyone be interested in putting some funds towards a freelance developer that works for CommitCRM to integrate CommitCRM into Kaseya, and have it as a built in function for the future? (similar to how ConnectWise works)

This would benefit the community of CommitCRM in the future, and the outlay for all of the people interested in Kasyea would be minimal considering the benefits. I figure it is already on the cards, so the added money to speed up the process makes it great for both parties.

Is anyone interested in this idea?

Kind Regards,
Joshua Lewis

lpopejoy
July 8th, 2009, 09:31 AM
I'm currently a user of CommitCRM & Kaseya, but have NO integration between the two. I'm strongly considering a switch to Labtech for my RMM tool due to the strong integration available forCommitCRM.

Luke

ajgyomber
July 8th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I'm not interested, but I would not pay for integration even if I was. This is a selling point for CommitCRM and whatever RMM tool that can integrate with them. I don't feel Commmit's API is comparable with the ConnectWise API although I'm no expert. Rather than having a SOAP API CommitCRM requires you to write application software and use ODBC drivers to gain access to their data. From a developer standpoint, I don't feel they make it as easy as they could for other vendors to integrate with them.

I can tell you the integration between CommitCRM and LabTech is NOT easy. I have it working and it is an painful process. I'm actually a little surprised LabTech didn't scrap it because I fear supporting the integration is going to bury their support team. That being said, the integration is awesome and I think LabTech will gain quite a few CommitCRM customers as a result.

I think this is one area in which the CommitCRM CRM software can improve. They have to make it considerably easier for third-party vendors to integrate. Vendors like Box.net, Reflexion and other hosted provides have no way of integrating with CommitCRM like they already do with ConnectWise.

--AJ

jbbjshlws
July 8th, 2009, 08:14 PM
CommitCRM as it stands does not have Kaseya integration, at a price tag for the purchase of CommitCRM vs the price tag of Connectwise (about 10% of the total) i can understand why some of the abilities of Connectwise are not in Commit, and i can see that CommitCRM will one day have the ability to connect into Kaseya, but i would like to push this idea forward a little bit as i am still in the honey moon period where i am indecisive on what CRM to go with. Given the customer service of CommitCRM is much higher than that of Connectwise, i see no reason paying some money to have the project moved forward faster.