PDA

View Full Version : Change CommitCRM invoice to match quickbooks

ateckstrom
April 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
When I generate invoices from CommitCRM to Quickbooks, CommitCRM gives the invoices an incrementing number like 1, 2, 3 but they are not following the last invoice number in Quickbooks such as 375, 376, 377. I think that this behavior started because I started using Quickbooks at the same time asCommitCRM. I generated my first invoice from CommitCRM before I had any invoices in Quickbooks. I then manually changed the Quickbooks invoice number to match my old accounting system. Is there a way that I can tell CommitCRM to start incrementing invoice numbers from 378. I tried using the Charges/Quickbooks/Refresh Invoice References but it did not change the invoice number in CommitCRM from 15 to 377.

Thanks

Support Team
April 8th, 2009, 12:13 PM
Hi ateckstrom,

When generating a QuickBooks invoice from within RangerMSP client you have an option either to let QuickBooks set the Invoice Reference Number (this is the default) or to manually set any number you want.

In any case, RangerMSP doesn't handle any numbering sequence for the incoices and therefore I believe that this has something to do with a setting in QuickBooks. From what you posted I understand that you leave the Reference number field empty when generating an Invoice and therefore QuickBooks automatically sets the invoice number to the next available one (the 1,2,3... you mentioned). I recommend you try to modify the settings in your QuickBooks in order to reselve this.

HTH
Dina