PDA

View Full Version : Changing default values on new assets

Rohizam
March 27th, 2009, 09:15 PM
Hi,

I noticed that when i add a new assets while creating a ticket, i am shown a window with limited fields to create an asset. Once i created the asset, i would continue to finish up the tickets creation. Then i need to go asset tab to fill up the rest of the information on the new assets. This process is abit too tedious and might even be forgotten by the ticket manager.

Would it be better if i can key in the necessary data in the fields of the asset creation window?

E.g i need to know when an asset was created or a new asset been added. Usually i will see either there is a form of date created or the status "active"

If i can get the "date1" (which i now change it to insert date) fields to be in the asset creation windows, then it would be better and would not be forgotten to be keyed in. Or maybe if i can change the default values of the new assets to "blank" rather than "Active" , i would be able to differentiate the new added assets.

Do let me know if there is a work around or suggestions.

Thanks

Support Team
March 30th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Hi Rohizam,

Thank you for your question.

Actually, I think I can suggest an easier way to know the asset creation date which can solve you issue.
Each asset has an automatic creation date field which can be viewed from the asset window, in the Notes tab (see at the bottom part of the notes tab). In this part you can see the creation date, who it was created by and when it was modified.

This way you don't need to manually set the creation date for the asset, but rather use the automatically created creation date. BTW, this field is also available for filtering lists or when printing reports.

I hope this provides you with the solution you need for this purpose.
In case you still need to update some asset details after creating the ticket, note that you can open the asset directly from the ticket window (right-click the asset field and select "Show Asset"), which can make this easier.

Neta

Rohizam
March 31st, 2009, 11:45 PM
Hi,

Thanks Very much. Sometimes the easiest thing always been overlook.