PDA

View Full Version : Report Output

Rohizam
March 17th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Hi, currently the report can only be printed out or save as a pdf if we use a 3rd party software to convert it.

Can the next version include report to be shown as csv or better to excel format? I know this can be done thru exporting data. But its not practical to every time select what field i want to export to excel. Furthermore the export data is only pertaining to a particular tab e.g tickets, account e.t.c. Due to this i cannot cross select the fields that i want so that the report will come out as what i wanted.

There are some leverage if i want to cross field by using custom report but i cant convert to excel or csv for viewing and manipulation.

The reports generated is going to be quite lengthy and its not practical to print out a lengthy reports. And if i save it to pdf format i wont be able to manipulate the report e.g i want to sort, hide or remove certain information that i cant do select or remove within the customized report. I also need the report to be able to be manipulated as some of reports will be passed to customer for checking or adding their own comments or some sort.

So i hope this suggestion would be greatly considered to be in-built function for CommitCRM rather than the need to purchase conversion software which might not work.

Support Team
March 17th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Hi Rohizam,

Thanks for your interesting suggestion. At the moment you can indeed use the export tools, or print to PDF, and I can see the benefits of allowing to perform more advanced queries and export them to Excel as well. I will definitely pass this to our team to be reviewed. Thanks.

BTW, note that when exporting data you can save the list of fields as a template and use it again in the future. This way you do not need to select the fields each time you want to export the data. The same is also true for the filter criteria you define. Save it as a template and load it anytime you want to use this filter when exporting data.

Ethan