PDA

View Full Version : Question for Kaseya users

AN-Tech
March 16th, 2009, 12:55 PM
We've just signed on with Kaseya and are starting to look at the best way to use Kaseya andCommitCRM.

If you are currently using both Kaseya and CommitCRM please post how you are using the two of them together. My plan is to use CommitCRM for tracking all assets, tickets, etc. But I don't know if this means I shouldn't use Kayesa's ticketing system at all or if there is a good way to utilize both.

Also if you reply to this thread please keep it on how you are currently using it. I don't want this to turn into a large wish list of items you would like CommitCRM to add to integrate better. We can start another thread for that :-)

Thanks in advance,
Ed

lpopejoy
March 16th, 2009, 03:07 PM
I currently use both. I do not utilize any integration between the two. I basically receive alerts via email from Kaseya, and then when there is a problem where I perform work I create a ticket and log time inCommitCRM. Do I like this? No. I hope someone has a better way and a better idea.

Thanks,

Luke

AN-Tech
March 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
Hi Luke,

Thanks for your response do you have Commit's email connector pulling the Kaseya alert email into a ticket inCommitCRM? Or are you doing this manually?

Ed

lpopejoy
March 16th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Manually, I'm afraid! :)

AN-Tech
March 16th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Would love to hear how anyone else using Kaseya is working things.

Thanks in advance

vsouthmayd
March 16th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I am currently using Kaseya Alerts emailed to the CommitCRM email connector to CommitCRM tickets. See this thread.

I have been debating the value of using Kaseya Ticketing to create CommitCRM tickets. The tickets would be opened in Kaseya, maintained in Commit, and then closed in CommitCRM which would then need to close the ticket in Kaseya using their API. Basically a middleware would need to be in place to poll Kaseya/CommitCRM and translate between the two.

This would have the advantage of using Kaseya's SLA and notification features to handle those missing features until they are implemented inCommitCRM. The Kaseya ticket module + middleware could also address the the duplicate CommitCRM tickets created by duplicate Kaseya alerts. The problem would be syncing the ticket information between Commit<->Kaseya.

I have been looking for others to bat this around with to come up with some best practices. Both Kaseya and CommitCRM have given us APIs to pull this off. It is not their responsibility to to glue these two apps together.

I am assuming that CommitCRM would be the central point for information receiving automated tickets from Kaseya and manual tickets from customers. I am hoping to get a little more insight on how Connetwise/Atuotask and Tigerpaw handle this early next month @ the Robin Robin's boot camp. Also I am sort of waiting to touch the beta of the next CommitCRM release before investing programming time to find CommitCRM has already addressed these things.

Vernon Southmayd
http://twitter.com/VernonSouthmayd