PDA

View Full Version : Ticket to Employee Calendar

specialblendrs
March 9th, 2009, 11:52 AM
Hello,

First off, great product! We love using CommitCRM CRM for our IT Consulting business. Now the question, is there a way to automatically assign a ticket to an employee and have it show up in his (in this case, my own) Calendar without having to go to the Dispatcher and drag the ticket into my calendar manually?

Basically, I'd like to have the Due Date of the Ticket be the date of the Calendar appointment and just have to sync with Outlook for the appointment to show up. Any way of doing this?

Ryan

Support Team
March 9th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Hi,

First off, Thanks for the great feedback :-)

Now to your suggestion, which is quite interesting. I'm not sure using the ticket's due date this way is the best way to go about it, however, I can think of other possible implementations for this. The Due Date is designed to be used more for making sure the whole ticket is completed on time. A ticket may contain several tasks and appointments (on-site visits) and only when all of the activities are completed, the ticket is closed.

However, if I understand correctly, you would like to skip the dispatching step, which basically creates an appointment in the tech's calendar, which can then be synchronized with Outlook (you can also use the Ticket' Pending tab to add this appointment). I have logged your feedback into our requests list, to be further considered. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks,
Ethan

specialblendrs
August 26th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hi Ethan,

Has there been any development of this feature? I'd like to be able to create an appointment directly from the New Ticket window. Having to go into the Pending tab and create an appointment seems very arduous. Thanks.

Ryan

Support Team
August 26th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Ryan,

Creating a new appointment right from the modal new Ticket window isn't possible.
Once you click OK and a new Ticket is created, you can either go to the Pending tab (as you know), or, click the "More Actions" option, on the Tickets window toolbar, and select the first option there "New Appointment for Ticket".

Hope this helps.
Thanks,
Neta

specialblendrs
August 27th, 2010, 06:51 AM
Hi Neta,

I do not have the "New Appointment for Ticket" option in the "More Actions" section of the Tickets window toolbar. Only "Send by E-Mail" or "Send by fax"

specialblendrs
August 27th, 2010, 06:53 AM
Oh, never mind, I see it. Will the feature I requested be added anytime soon?

Support Team
August 27th, 2010, 07:02 AM
The request is logged, however, I'm not sure when we'll get to develop it. It all depends on the popularity level of the request, the more users ask for the same feature the sooner we implement it.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks,
Neta

aaspeer
September 8th, 2010, 11:50 PM
+1 for me!

Austin Speer
Onward Incorporated