PDA

View Full Version : Seconday Contact and Quickbooks Sync

GerritVK
March 9th, 2009, 12:30 AM
I read on another thread that CommitCRM Support and other users suggested that if a account has multiply locations to put those locations as a Contact of the Primary account.

If this is done can you sync those contacts with Customers in QuickBooks.

If this is not possible. I would like to make a feature request, the ability to add multiply locations to an account.

Thanks

Gerrit VK

Support Team
March 9th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Hi Gerrit,

That's true, in some cases we recommend on managing customers with multiple locations as secondary contacts under a main account. This is recommended when you wish to bill only the main account (i.e.send the invoices the the main account). In this case, the secondary contacts are not linked to any QuickBooks customers/jobs since they are not an "accounting" entity. I'm afraid that, like in real life, there is no trivial way to bill both ways - the main account in some cases, and the secondary contact in others.

In case you need to keep each location as a separate QuickBooks entity (i.e. customer), and bill it separately, then you should manage them as separate accounts in RangerMSP, and link them to the relevant customer in QuickBooks. You can manage the connection between these accounts in the "Relations" tab in the Account window, and give them contract codes in the same range, so you will be able to generate charge reports by contract codes for all of these locations at once. You can read more about managing contract code ranges here.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Sherry

GerritVK
March 9th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Thank you for quick response, I have it setup as stated having multiply accounts synced with QuickBooks accounts, I just saw the suggestion of making them contacts and I wanted to find out what would happen in the syncing process. Thank you for clarifying everything. I am not currently using any contracts, didn't know all the features of contracts, I will look more into it and use your suggestion.

Thanks

Gerrit VK