PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Number Format

mfoster
February 26th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Is there any way to change the service ticket number format?

0500-XXXX

Support Team
February 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Hi mfoster,

The XXXXX portion in the ticket number is an auto increment number keeping the entire Ticket number unique. When starting to work with the tickets, we can help you with changing the XXX part (in "0500-XXX") to start with another number. If this is something you are interested in, please send us a note directly.

Neta

Compbck
June 3rd, 2009, 01:23 AM
In respect of allocating Ticket Numbers is it possible to change the format to accommodate something like the following 0906-0000, where the 09 represents the current year and the 06 represents the current month that a ticket was opened. The 0000 part of the Ticket Number should be sequential for each year, thereby allowing for easy year to year comparisons.

Support Team
June 3rd, 2009, 06:38 AM
Compbck - That sounds like an interesting idea. I'm afraid it's not possible at the moment as the 0500- part of the ticket number is not customizable at all.

BTW, you can easily see when a ticket was opened when viewing the Open field in the ticket's General tab. I see how having some kind of encoding to the ticket number can be helpful and I added your comments to the feature request (we have received similar requests). I'm not sure this is something we will be addressing soon, but we will definitely look into this when possible. Thanks!

Neta

elight86
July 31st, 2009, 02:55 PM
I would also really like to have this feature. It's very helpful to use the ticket number to convey extra information about the ticket such as date or store location. What are the chances that we might see this included in an upcoming release?!

Support Team
July 31st, 2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks for your additional feedback on this. The ticket number format is something which is on our list, however, it's not planned to be changed soon. I have added your input to the request, thank you for bringing it up!

Dina