PDA

View Full Version : Tickets for Secondary Contacts

AN-Tech
February 23rd, 2009, 08:18 AM
From the ticket and history windows. How can I show only tickets for a specific secondary contact?

Support Team
February 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Filtering ticket by a specific secondary contact sounds like a very useful feature. At the moment you do have the option of filtering by the main account, however, going a step further and filtering by the secondary contact is currently not possible. I will definitely pass this request on to our development team. Thanks.

Ethan

AN-Tech
February 23rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
You're kidding me??? There is currently no way to filter by secondary contacts? How do you go back to review work previously done for someone? I'm in shock right now.

Support Team
February 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
I am definitely with you on this and I hope we'll get to it soon.

I can suggest something that might not be perfect but may help - you can customize a report and add the secondary contact name to the report by adding the "Tickets: Contact: Contact: First & Last Name" field to the report. This way you can view all the tickets for a specific account, and see which tickets belong to this contact.

Hope this helps, and for what it worth its already on our to-do list.

Ethan

AN-Tech
February 23rd, 2009, 10:30 AM
Is this going to show the details of the tickets or do we then have to take the list of tickets and manually bring them up?

There's got to be a better way of doing this. If anyone else out there has any input on how they do this please let me know.

Support Team
February 23rd, 2009, 11:58 AM
This depends on the Ticket report you select to customize. In case you select a detailed report all info will be displayed. If you choose a tickets-list report, this will show a more limited number of fields.

Just thought of another option that can help - you can export the tickets to Excel and manipulate the data there. To do this, go to Tools > Import & Export > Export... menu option. You can then select the fields you want to export, their order etc. Once your data is in Excel you can sort by the secondary contact, filter the data by this field, etc. I understand it's not perfect for your original request but should work.

Ethan

Support Team
July 6th, 2016, 06:04 AM
(Update from RangerMSP Team)

In newer versions, released after this forum thread started, it is possible to filter Tickets, Charges and other reports by a selected Secondary Contact assigned to the record (Ticket/Charge/Asset etc.)

In addition, a search by the Secondary Contact field can be performed in Tickets/Charges and other windows using the search panel as well as by applying a Filter.

racassel
June 28th, 2018, 11:25 AM
I don't see an intuitive way to do it. I will submit a ticket.

AN-Tech
June 28th, 2018, 11:54 AM
Please post the method here for all of us to benefit from.

Support Team
June 28th, 2018, 02:43 PM
Please use the magnifying glass icon to open the account selection window and pick the secondary contact form there. In case you still do not see it verify that you have the filter set to "all types " - this will verify that secondary contacts are displayed.

Hope this helps.