PDA

View Full Version : Credit Card Processing...

stsanford
February 17th, 2009, 07:24 PM
Hi,
Kind of off-topic, but I am kind of floating lost for a little while now.

I had been processing credit cards through Omnirush when I was using GoldMine. They've since discontinued that feature, so I'm trying to find some sort of easy way to store credit cards for clients who want automated billing, or billing with card on file. I use an Authorize.net account, but have been unsuccessful finding a solution. I think it may even be possible to use some sort of tie-in with CommitCRM to pull client info and submit it to the Authorize.net virtual terminal, but I'm not that good at my programming skills.

Thanks in advance,
Scott

Support Team
February 18th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Hi Scott, Have you considered using RangerMSP's Online Services? If the Authorize.net service is a Web based service, perhaps this can work for you.

Using Online Services you can access a URL and pass account details as parameters for this URL, so you may be able to easily pull the account details in this other system quite easily. You can read more about this feature in RangerMSP here.

Neta

ajgyomber
February 18th, 2009, 07:30 AM
I use Authorize.net as well and it may be worthwhile to switch to Quickbooks Merchant Services to send the invoice to QuickBooks and then apply payment via credit card through that.

stsanford
February 18th, 2009, 01:14 PM
My rates are really low (1.88 with card, 2.18 without) with no monthly fee. Nobody's been able to match that, and I have heard that QuickBooks is quite expensive.

The Online services option is interesting, I believe Authorize.net has an API, will have to do some homework. Thanks

AN-Tech
February 19th, 2009, 06:55 AM
stsanford,

Mind passing on who you are getting those rates through? I comparing options and was looking at a virtual terminal setup that also allows swiping rates but they are not as good as those.

stsanford
February 19th, 2009, 06:56 AM
They're probably impossible to get now, I got them about 5 years ago from a company that's now been bought by First Data. Closed to that rate I found was through Bank of America.

AN-Tech
February 19th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the info, I'll check what the current rates are.

ajgyomber
February 21st, 2009, 05:28 AM
The rate isn't the only thing to consider. I'm no expert but monthly charges, authorization charge, statement fee, handling fees, etc. all come into play. If your rate is very low and authorization fee very high and you process a bunch of low-dollar transactions you would be worse off than having a higher rate and lower authorization fee.

My rate is 2.15% qualified, with a 1.00% non-qualified surcharge and $0.15 authorization fee with no monthly fees. My percentages may be higher but if stsanford has monthly fees and authorization charges he may effectively be paying more. Luckily, I have a friend in the business that simply gave me his best rates so I didn't have to worry about all the details because it is ridiculously complicated.

stsanford
February 22nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
Yeah, you're correct, I have no monthly fees, and the same $.15 per authorization fee..