PDA

View Full Version : Web interface fields

chumbert
February 16th, 2009, 05:22 AM
Is there any way to edit what fields show up in the web interface? Thanks

Support Team
February 16th, 2009, 06:51 AM
Hi chumbert,

Yes, basically most fields which you rename in the application will appear with the new name in the Web Interface as well. To rename fields you should right-click the field and open the Field Settings window which lets you give it a new name.

Make sure to restart the Web Interface service in order for these changes to take effect.

I hope this helps.

Dina

chumbert
February 17th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I understand about changing the fields names, what I want to do is to hide some of the fields on the web interface that are not needed by my business customers. For example... through the web interface, when a customer would add an account, there are fields like: web, web2, assistant, acct. mgr, status, region..... that I don't want them to see. Is this possible? Thanks

Support Team
February 17th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Customers basically have access to limited information, not like employees which can see and manage much more.

I am not sure I understand what is going on as customer cannot see these fields you mention, nor can they add new account records... (only employees can) and when they add new service tickets they only see a limited number of data fields.

Perhaps the best way to experience it is to create a customer web user (from the account's Web Users tab), login to the Web Interface with this user and see how it works. I believe you will find it shows only the necessary information.

I hope this helps.

Ethan

chumbert
February 18th, 2009, 01:15 AM
You are right. I was logging in as a tech. Anyway, now that I see the fields for the customers, is there any way to add a couple of fields to the form that I want to get from the customer? Thanks again for the help.

Support Team
February 18th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Basically the customer Web forms shouldn't be customized by users. If you don't mind sharing this information, it would be interesting learn which fields you would like to add, so we will consider adding them sometime in the future for the benefit of all users. Thanks.

Neta

chumbert
February 19th, 2009, 03:26 AM
It would be nice if we could choose what fields would show up on the customer web interface. Even the fields: Field1, Field2, Field3 ect would be great so I could get some extra info via the web interface.

My needs are this: I have partnered with an electronics store to be outsourced to provide on site service to their customers. The store will use the web interface to send tickets. I need to collect some information from them like their customer number from the store, where they paid and a couple of other pieces of information, maybe 4-5 fields.

You have any other ideas of how to do this best?

Support Team
February 19th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Hi,

Yes, I see what you are trying to achieve. This is interesting usage and I passed your feedback to be further evaluated.

Since customers currently don't have access to these fields, you may consider asking your colleagues to enter these details as part of the ticket description, so you will have the information available when viewing the ticket. You may consider setting the fields yourself when viewing the ticket, so you will be able to use this information later on.

Another option (which is much more advanced) is creating your own Web form which will contain all the relevant information, and create the ticket in RangerMSP yourself, via our API. You can do by sending XML formatted emails to the RangerMSP Email Connector, or by using a script which updates the database via the Programming API. In case this option sounds feasible for you, you can contact us directly and we will be happy to provide more technical information for achieving this.

Thanks again for your input.

Ethan