PDA

View Full Version : Inactive items

Support Team
July 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
RangerMSP Tip:

Making items you are no longer using inactive, can be done by setting them as suspended.
To do this, open the Item details window and "Suspend" the Item. The system will then alert users when trying to select suspended items and they will not be available for selection in the Item drop down list when entering new Charge.

Starting with version 4.4, you can also easily filter out suspended Items from Item lists with one click. Select the new "Hide Suspended Items" flag on the Item window's tool bar to view only active items.

Enjoy!

The RangerMSP Support Team

brills
July 28th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Hello Support,

I'm not finding the option to suspend the item, I'm still just seeing Active and Inactive. Could you point me in the right direction?

Also, will be be able to do this with sub-contacts. We have clients where employees frequently come and go, so being able to hide them would be great. Also, preventing these 'suspended' sub-contacts from syncing to Outlook would also be great.

Thank you,
Brian Williams

brills
July 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Also, the ability to 'suspend' and hide accounts/clients no longer active would also be great.

Thanks again,
Brian

Support Team
July 28th, 2008, 01:24 PM
To set items as inactive, you should open the item's details window, and check the Suspend check box (under the Taxes fields).

The suspended option is relevant for items (and you can now easily hide them from the list while still keeping all you billing history etc.). Accounts are built differently and do not have the same "suspend" option, so if a customer/contact becomes inactive, you may consider changing their Status to Inactive (in the Account's general tab) and may also add "INACTIVE" to their Name/Description/Notes. BTW, The values for the Account Status are customizable and you can add your own statuses. Anyway, using this method you can filter the Accounts list to display only active customers by the status field, and if anyone attempts to use this account despite their status they will see the notes when selecting it anyway.

As for outlook, you can prevent secondary contacts from being synced all together from Tools > Options > Outlook > "Synchronize secondary contact with Outlook".

Thanks for your feedback on this (which is now logged into our system).

Sherry

racassel
November 8th, 2017, 03:13 PM
I looked for a way to mark the item INACTIVE for 15 minutes before I found this tech note. Please to consider updating the label from SUSPEND to INACTIVE to make it easy to logically associate the feature as compared to active and inactive accounts. If more than semantics are involved, please share the logic.

Support Team
November 9th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Well, this may indeed be better though on the other side numerous users are already used to the current phrasing. Anyway, in our coming release the item details window has a new look and the option to suspend the item will be more prominent.