PDA

View Full Version : Pending Tab

techresq1
July 25th, 2008, 06:54 AM
Hello,

I noticed that if we create an appointment and then create a ticket out of an appointment nothing shows in the pending tab. However, if we create a ticket and then creat an appointment out of the ticket it does show there.

This is fairly problematic since we need to be looking at the calendar when creating appointments to know our availability.

Any suggestions?

Support Team
July 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM
In order for the appointment to be linked to a ticket, you should create the appointment for the ticket, and not the other way around.

You should use the dispatcher in order to look at the calendar when creating appointments to know our availability. In the Dispatcher window, you can see the list of tickets which are "waiting to be dispatched", and all the employees calendars and availability.

The best way would be to start your work-flow from the Tickets side. First create the Tickets, then go to the Dispatcher window and dispatch them to the employees' calendars. To schedule an appointment for a ticket, you just need to drag-and-drop the ticket onto the relevant employee's calendar. This will create appointment and link it to the ticket (in the Pending tab).

This way all Appointments will original from Tickets, they will already have the Ticket linked to the Appointment, and the Account details will be copied to the Appointment description. This is the most recommended work-flow.

I hope this helps.

Dina

techresq1
July 25th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Ok that makes sense, one more thing. WE typically are looking at the dispatch calendar in the weekly view. when you do this the ticket panel is not displayed. Is there a way to change that?

Support Team
July 25th, 2008, 09:27 AM
The calendar provides a daily and a weekly view. When using the Dispatcher, it works with a daily view, where each column displays a different employee' calendar. This is the powerful part of the dispatcher, since it allows you to view all the employees' calendars at a glance, and drag the ticket to the most available technician. You can easily scroll between days using the arrows on the top-left side, or by choosing the date in the monthly display on the right.

When you want to get a weekly overall picture, you can switch to the weekly view.

HTH

Dina

techresq1
July 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
So in essence that meens we cannot view tickets and calendar in 7 day view?

Support Team
July 25th, 2008, 11:03 AM
i may suggest an alternative way to view this - if you want to view the tickets against the weekly calendar view, you can view two separate windows and display the calendar window in the top part of the application, and the tickets window at the bottom. This way you will have a view of all of the information at a glance.

Note that you can display the tickets list as a list (without details) by going to the View menu (on the top-right corner of the tickets window), and selecting "List" (or by Ctrl+L).

I hope this helps.

Dina