PDA

View Full Version : Opportunities in web?

novacomputersolutions
July 23rd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Please tell me that with all the nice changes to the web interface that I can create an opportunity?

I am trying to do more data entry while at the client site, but being forced to make notes and create my opportunities when I get back to the office. This is a HUGE problem.

Thanks

Support Team
July 23rd, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hi novacomputersolutions,

As you can tell already, we've added many new features and enhancements to the web interface (thanks for your feedback on this). Over the web you can log every activity that is related to a sales opportunity using History Notes. While viewing the opportunity select to add an History Note and log the latest activity - a summary of a meeting with a customer, your thoughts about things that need to be included in the quote etc. You can also add new Tasks for each opportunity , like adding a reminder to call the customer, a task to send a quote etc., and you can also schedule appointments related to the opportunity. Unfortunately one thing that left out of this release is the ability to update the opportunity record data fields (like status, description, etc.) Anyway, we know it's needed and you can expect to see it in a future release (we release quite often!). For the meantime may try using the Opportunity' History Notes and Tasks features (you probably already do so).

HTH

Doron

novacomputersolutions
July 25th, 2008, 07:21 AM
But can I create and oppportunity in the web interface, not simply update one?

Support Team
July 25th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, you can expect to see it the ability to add and update opportunities in a future release (as mentioned, we release quite often).

Dina