PDA

View Full Version : Table Options - Calculate Formula

raymond
July 18th, 2008, 08:45 PM
usually I post to the forum to rant or ask about a bug/issue/feature, etc. -- this time I just wanted to send my kudos..... I just found the "Table Options, Calculate Formula on Column..." tool -- I've been looking for this feature for a long time.... (!) wish I had stumbled on this feature when I first started out!

anyhow, good work and thanks!

//ray

Support Team
July 19th, 2008, 05:10 AM
Thank you for the great feedback!

raymond
July 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
just a small suggestion for a tweak on this feature.... seems like it takes too many clicks to get total hours (hours, sum) -- would be really convenient if there was a quick "tally" button that would tally hours, cost and units in one window....

thanks --

Support Team
July 30th, 2008, 06:30 AM
Thank you for the feedback, we will look into this. The Table options provide some powerful tools, and we may indeed make it more noticable.

FYI, by right-clicking any list in RangerMSP, and selecting > Table Options, this provides you with the following options:

1. Text Search - allows you to search for a text which is currently displayed in the list.

2. Print Table - allows you to quickly print the displayed list, and select which columns will be printed in the result report

3. Calculate Formula on Column - as mentioned above, calculates a formula for a selected column using the lines displayed in the list

4. Count Table Rows - counts the number of rows in the displayed list.

5. Export Table Data - a quick way to export the list to Excel, without going through the export wizard. This will export the displayed list to Excel.

Enjoy!