PDA

View Full Version : Transferring documents

AndreaF
July 17th, 2008, 12:09 PM
I need to export some older CommitCRM documents to our current document storage location, in preparation for taking down the old server. I'm not sure how I can do this without breaking the existing links to the documents, and want to make sure that I am not "orphaning" anything. I haven't found any reference materials I can utilize for this, would certainly appreciate any tips!

Support Team
July 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Hi,

The documents files are stored in the folder of your selection, which is not related to the RangerMSP folder. The best way to approach this is to transfer your documents to the new server, and keep the exact old path (including the drive letter) to the documents folder. This way you will not need to modify anything in the documents path inRangerMSP.

In case this is not possible, and you must modify the path to the documents folder, we can provide you with a utility which updates the base documents folder (e.g. X:\Docs to Z:\Docs) in all of the existing RangerMSP document records in the database. If this is the case we will send you the program and instructions via email.

Neta

AndreaF
July 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Neta,

The old path will not be in existence once we take down that particular server, so I believe I do need to change the paths within CommitCRM - would appreciate the tool and instructions, many thanks.