PDA

View Full Version : Cost Pricing

benj180
June 29th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Hi could you tell me how we can input cost pricing into a parts charge and create a report for the customer so that the cost price doesn't display?
We would also like to be able to see a charges report that would show the margin/profit between the cost price and the customers price and also...a report that would show a total which includes the result of the margin/profit between the cost price and the customers price and all labour charges.

Kind Regards

Support Team
June 30th, 2008, 06:24 AM
Hi,

When using Product/Part Items, or Expense items with a fixed price, you can set the cost for these items in the Cost field of the item. When generating Charge reports, the cost will not be displayed so this is already as you need it for customers.

In our coming release (version 4.4), we added a new Charges and Cost report, which lists the charges with their price and cost. It also calculates the total prices for the charges and for "costs", showing you profitability of the sale, just as you need.

I hope this helps.

Dina

benj180
July 1st, 2008, 06:20 AM
Sorry I cannot seem to find the cost field in the part charges form

Greg

Support Team
July 1st, 2008, 07:15 AM
Hi,

Items Cost is currently available only for items reports (Reports > Items). When these items are used in Charges, you can generate charge reports for them, but the Cost field is not available for display in these reports at the moment.

As mentioned, in our coming release (version 4.4), it will be available in a new Charge report (it will be called List of Charges and Cost), and it will list the charges with their price and cost, and will show the difference between them, to show your profitability.

HTH

Sherry

benj180
July 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM
Thanks Sherry but I was wondering when we create a parts charge and put in the price for the customer is there a field that lets us input how much it costs us?

Thanks

benj180
July 2nd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Also sorry to be a pain, on another note, is there a way to create a recurring parts charge? we provide a software monitoring and reporting service to our customers which is billed for the same amount every month.

Thanks again

Support Team
July 2nd, 2008, 08:01 AM
Hi,

Regarding Cost - when you create the Charge, you should use a Part Item. This item can have the cost defined for it, and this cost is considered the charge' cost when using Cost Report (in our next release). The charge itself does not have a "cost" field.

As for recurring service, this is usually managed using recurring monthly contracts. The service contract can be a block of money, block of time, etc. You can read more about managing recurring monthly contracts in the Introduction to Billing > How to use recurring contracts. Billing the customer for the block can be done directly in your accounting software, or by creating a charge per contract when you renew the contract.

HTH

Eitan