PDA

View Full Version : Email Notifications w/Exchange

techresq1
June 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Hello everyone,

I am fairly new to CommitCRM and I am trying to setup Email notifications via the web portal. I have followed all the instruction supplied byut copmmit

Configured ini file with our exchange smtp address, Usernamne and passwrd etc...

configures txt file with recipients

However I am not recieving any emails. I know the address is working becuase I can access and use it via OWA (I set up a dedicated address for tickets)

Any tips would be appricated.

Thanks,
Rich~

Support Team
June 23rd, 2008, 12:26 PM
Hi Rich,

I believe you are referring to the simple Web Interface notifications. Note that we also provide a more robust alerts solution, which sends email alerts to employees for any events in the system (including new tickets from customers). You can read more about this here

From our experience, the web notifications may require some authentication settings adjustments and then it usually works fine.

Please try setting the following:
AuthRequired = TRUE
fill the Username and Password
Add the following parameter to the file LoginKind = 5

Make sure you restart the service after you modify the settings.

Then, log into the system using a customer web user, add a new Ticket and see if it sends an email alert.

I believe it should work for you. If it doesn't then please try to use the same credentials in an email account you create in Outlook or a different email program on your server and make sure this account is working well on the server, then try it withRangerMSP.

If this doesn't help please contact us directly with your log files using the Help > Technical Support menu in RangerMSP, together with the recent web interface .ini email settings files and we will try to learn more from them.

I hope this helps.

Doron

techresq1
June 24th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I actually setup the conector and decided to use that, thank you for your help