PDA

View Full Version : QuoteWerks

clearfuze
June 17th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Question for CommitCRM & the user community.

Does CommitCRM have any plans for integration with Quotewerks?

Areany other vars using quotewerks with quickbooks and the live pricing/ordering options with tech data and Ingram?

http://support.quotewerks.com/index.asp

Support Team
June 18th, 2008, 07:05 AM
Thank you for your question.

RangerMSP helps you manage quotes using the Sales Opportunities and Documents features. You can even save Quotewerks quotes to files and drag/drop them into RangerMSP so they will be filed under the relevant customer and sales opportunity.

We may also enhance the quoting capabilities offered by RangerMSP in the future, either as an internal module in RangerMSP or by integrating with other products, such as Quotewerks, since we see how this can be helpful (I can say that we have received several requests for such integration before).

On a side note, from what I know we do have customers who already developed an integration between RangerMSP and Quotewerks using RangerMSP's and Quotewerks' APIs.

HTH

Sherry

prodatagroup
June 18th, 2008, 07:42 AM
We have developed a connector between QuoteWerks and CommitCRM. - Commit2QuoteWerks. It will be available for public release shortly.

danny-pcs
June 18th, 2008, 11:56 AM
Very interesting.

prodatagroup - can you please post more details about it? Thanks.

prodatagroup
June 23rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
The connector has been written as a QuoteWerks plugin that opens when you click on the "Search for Contact" buttons under the "Ship to / Sold to" tab. It connects to the Advantage database used by CRM (an SQL version is under development), allowing you to search for contacts/accounts and populating all relevant contact details in QuoteWerks.

http://www.prodata.co.za/downloads/Commit2QuoteWerks.jpg

clearfuze
June 24th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Great news about the connector! Let me know when it's available.

FunctionOne
August 12th, 2008, 08:58 AM
We'd love to know when it's ready as well - we're currently looking into QuoteWerks.

mkowalski
October 17th, 2008, 06:21 AM
Has this been released yet?

Brian Kelley
October 19th, 2008, 07:58 PM
I too am interested in the Quotewerks to CommitCRM connector. I am evaluating Quotewerks and am currently trying to decide whether to implement it or not. The biggest question I would have is weather items created in Quotewerks would populate the items list inCommitCRM. Then ultimately end up in Quickbooks? Could you please provide more info and ETA of availability?

Support Team
October 20th, 2008, 07:39 AM
Hi,

Just to update, the Quotewerks connector is being developed by one of our partners (see earlier in this thread). We know that it is still a work-in-progress and unfortunately we cannot tell when they will decide to release it publicly.

In order to populate the items you can export them from Quotewerks to an output file (Excel or CSV file) and then import them into RangerMSP, or you can export the existing items from your RangerMSP system (which are probably already synced with QuickBooks) and then import them into QuoteWerks.

HTH

Sherry

mkowalski
October 21st, 2008, 09:32 AM
Hi Sherry,

For items your suggestion takes a lot of workaround with potential for errors mapping data fields. The more significant benefit is that the Contact Account Record needs to autofill the Bill To/Ship To/Sold To/ fields within Quotewerks, which this auto-connector seems to satisfy.

Michael

Support Team
October 21st, 2008, 09:56 AM
Michael, import/export of items should not be hard to accomplish and you can even save the mapping templates once it is working fine so you'll use it in the future without any need to re-map the fields again, however, I agree that any manual work takes more time and is more sensitive to errors.

Anyways, as posted above by prodatagroup, I believe that their connector includes the exact features you want.

Sherry

mkowalski
October 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Hi Sherry,

Thanks for the reply. Any idead when the Qwerks connect will be made public?

Michael

Support Team
October 21st, 2008, 02:20 PM
As mentioned above, we know that it is still a work-in-progress and unfortunately we cannot tell when they will decide to release it publicly.

--------------------------
Quick update from the RangerMSP Team:

RangerMSP 5.6 with the RangerMSP-QuoteWerks Link module has been released and is available at here.

--------------------------