PDA

View Full Version : Tips on how we use CommitCRM reports

brills
April 30th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Just wanted to post some ideas on how we're using CommitCRM reports:

1) Beginning of the month we run an Assets Listy by Warranty/License Expiration report.

> Reports > Assets > Assets List by Warranty/License Expiration then click Generate

- We leave everything checked except 'Not Active'

- We select the Wrnty./Lic. Exp: we choose the current month i.e. May 1 out two months i.e. July 31.

- We click on print preview to confirm we get the report we're looking for then print to PDF. We then work our way through the list calling customers getting OK to renew Antivirus, hardware warranties, GoDaddy SLL certs and much more.

2) Quarterly we run a report to see clients who have equipment older than 3 years. A great opportunity to find new sales opportunities within your existing client base.

> Reports > Assets > Assets Lists the click Generate

- We leave everything checked except 'Not Active'

- We select the Purchase date: we choose January 1, 2001 (or older) through the April 30, 2005 (current month and 3 years prior to current year.)

- We click on print preview to confirm we get the report we're looking for then print to PDF. We then call clients and work on getting them to ugprade equipment.

These are just a few of the reports, would love to hear other report ideas from CommitCRM users.

Thanks,
Brian Williams
Advantech NW

chrisits
May 6th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Thanks brills!

I like the quarterly report for equipment, didn't think of this one!

We use the Assets List by Warranty/License Expiration report in a similar way. I sometimes print it to a PDF file for each client, and send to our clients by email so they have all the details in front of them. I think this helps them take the decision to renew their licenses.

Another report option I like is the tickets with no charges. This really helps us track down tickets we close without charging them… Since we charge from the appointment, we sometimes forget to do this, and this sure helps us track down these lost hours. We've actually been asking for this one for a while now and were very pleased to find it in the new version.

Cheers

lpopejoy
June 11th, 2008, 06:55 PM
brills,

I believe you are an MSP... As such would you mind sharing on reports that you send to your clients each month, if you do?

I am wondering what a good "overview" type of report would be to reflect the activity for the month.

Do you also include start / stop times on your tickets?

Thanks,

Luke Popejoy