PDA

View Full Version : Management notification when resolution time expires

mchouffani
April 10th, 2008, 02:36 PM
We love CommitCRM for its stability and its cost/functionality value. However, we feel that it is missing an important feature. Our management needs to be notified when a problem resolution is past due based on severity. For example, if a problem is Severity 1 (highest severity) and the problem needs to be fixed within one working day then an email needs to be send to a manager letting him know that the ticket has been opened for one day and hasn’t been closed yet by the technician. If a severity 2 problem needs to be resolved within 2 working days then a notification should be sent to the manager if the ticket is older then 2 days. We would preset all the allowable resolution time range one time based on Severity 1, 2, 3 and 4. In this way, we can be proactive and be alerted to help the technician resolve the problem before getting into a customer satisfaction issue.

Support Team
April 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM
mchouffani, thank you for your feedback and support.

RangerMSP Alerts Server module, which has just been released, sends email alerts when various conditions are met - a service ticket is scheduled for a technician, an appointment is canceled, you are being assigned as the manager of a customer, a service ticket is opened to one of the customers you are assigned to. etc. You can read more about it here.

At this stage alerts are not based on the job due date and its severity. This is a very interesting feedback and we will seriously see how it can be added. I think that different users would like different alerting rules for this - some would say - alert me when the due date/time has expired, other would like to receive the alert 2 hours before it expires, some will want the severity to be taken into account when alerting and others don't... so it may be a little hard to provide a simple solution that will answer different users needs for this (but hey, who says our job is easy?). I believe there are also other implementation factors which will need to be taken into consideration which I won't get into here. I think this is an interesting topic and we'll see how to provide a good solution to this.

Additional user feedback is welcome!

Doron

mkowalski
April 11th, 2008, 12:04 PM
If you're going to visit the Severity issue, you might as well include a pre-assigned field for a specific technician to "own" or be the "primary" contact for an account. That way the person Dispatching could choose to have the "Assigned" field auto fill with the Primary Technician or Assign it to an alternate Technician.

Brian Kelley
October 19th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Is there any update on this issue?

Support Team
October 20th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Hi Brian,

"passive" automatic alerts are on our development queue and we will definitely address this subject in one of our coming releases. I'm not sure it will make it to the next release, as this release contents is already closed. Thanks for the follow-up and we will look into the priority of this item.

Sherry

Bryan Hoemann
August 2nd, 2011, 10:56 AM
I am also looking for an Alert for when a ticket goes past due? has anything changed since these last post on Oct 20 2008?

Support Team
August 2nd, 2011, 12:06 PM
Unfortunately automatic emails alerts based on settings regarding the Ticket Due Date are not yet sent. I'll add your vote for this and we will also reevaluate this request.

Thanks.
Dina

lpopejoy
August 2nd, 2011, 02:15 PM
Add all of my votes too.

AN-Tech
August 3rd, 2011, 06:43 AM
Me too