PDA

View Full Version : Multiple instances and syncing

marklonardo
October 16th, 2018, 01:55 PM
I like the speed I get from using CommitCRM on my desktop but want to have customers access the Web portal for up to date data..
Is there a simple efficient way to run CommitCRM on 2 machines and easily sync information or what is the correct way to handle this. ?

marklonardo
October 16th, 2018, 02:14 PM
I should mention can this be done with a single license, on a remote pc.

Support Team
October 17th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Thank you for posting this.

The Customer Web Portal allows customers to access the RangerMSP data in the real time using the browser from any device, including mobile phones.

The Customer Web Portal requires the 'RangerMSP Web Interface' service to be installed and running on the machine hosting RangerMSP database, or - you can use it with Microsoft IIS.

You can find more information about using the Web Interface in this article.

Hope this helps.

marklonardo
October 17th, 2018, 10:08 AM
I know I wasn't clear in my description.
The customer web server is great and working well on the machine where Commit is installed.
I am out of the office quite frequently as a one man show and would like to be able to work administratively on the Commit desktop interface.
I can VNC or RDP into it but it is a bit tedious depending on internet connection speed.
Can I run Commit on my laptop with or without a license or via a VPN connection and keep things in sync in the database?

Support Team
October 17th, 2018, 11:29 AM
Thanks for the clarification.
This will not work. Using RDP should be pretty fast even over not-so-fast Internet connections.

I do not see other options than RDP-ing or using the Web portal.

Hope this helps.