PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Activity Template

rosario
May 9th, 2018, 07:51 AM
Hello all.
I am currently evaluating the latest version of CommitCRM and I have run into a few snags.

1. In the Ticket details for Activity Template window, I do not have the option for Shared under the Ticket Manager section. From the documentation that I read, it should be there, unless I misunderstood. It is available for the other options i.e. Tasks and To-Do.

2. I created an activity template and linked it to a contract. I used the "Copy selected contract to a New Contract" option and used the default options that popup. Then I get a Confirm popup window to with the message "Contract created successfully, however some adjustments were made to the activities created from the linked activity template. Do you want to view the log file?". If I click yes I get the following in the log file.

Task: Test Task BtoB Hosting
555 Account Address

Update website and test

Errors:
================================================== ==============================

The contract is copied but in this case the task is never created. I followed the documentation and there don't seem to be any errors. This also happens if I try tickets or to-do lists. I don't see any tasks , tickets or to-dos being created when I copy a contract. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Support Team
May 9th, 2018, 08:49 AM
Thank you for posting this.

1. The 'Shared' property can be set only for an Appointment or a Task and it means that the Appointment/Task is unassigned and can be seen by all users that select to see the 'Shared' calendar.

The Ticket has to be assigned for an Employee and could not be set to the calendar Shared view.

2. The error you attached does not contain an information that may help to understand why the tasks/tickets were not created from the Activity Template. We may learn more from the log files - you can zip the folder \RangerMSP\Logs and email it to support @ RangerMSP.com for review.

Hope this helps.

rosario
May 9th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the response.
If I open the \CommitCRM\Logs\Log_Contract_Copy_admin_05092018-094213.txt, the contents is either empty or the text appears as I pasted in my previous message. There are no additional details.

Regarding the Ticket activity linked to a contract, if there is no shared type, how to you recommend I create a task linked to a contract that would be available to anyone. I cannot assign it to a specific person because we never know who will be available. We have techs that work on maintenance contracts based on their availability/ down time from project work. First tech available takes over the next maintenance task due. For example, we don't do website updates at a specific time of the week/month by a specific person. The first available tech will check if updates are available, then schedule it with the customer and then actually install. It could be the same day, next day/week/month. Currently we create a ticket manually. It would be nice if a ticket is created based on the contract so we don't forget anyone.

Thanks in advance

Support Team
May 9th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Logs: Simply zip the entire folder and share it with us. We'll dig the logs for you.

Tasks: It's hard to recommend a specific workflow here. You can assign it always to the same person and others will simply include their name when filtering for tasks. You can create tickets with Due Date assigned to someone, and have everyone see tickets assigned to this person.

Hope this helps!