PDA

View Full Version : Vista UAC error while trying to sync quickbooks on windows 10

marklonardo
March 7th, 2018, 02:24 PM
I have followed all instructions and disabled UAC functions on windows 10 also have logged in to CommitCRM and QuickBooks as Administrator and followed the sync sequence but still get the Vista UAC error every time from CommitCRM.
Using the version 17 trial on windows 10 and QuickBooks Pro 2008.

Support Team
March 8th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Please verify that the QBFC 7.0 component (aka QuickBools API) is installed on your machine. In case it is not installed, you should be prompted to install it while using the QuickBooks setup wizard in RangerMSP.

You can also install from the folder \RangerMSP\ThirdParty\QuickBooks folder. Run the installation as Administrator. After the installation RESTART your PC once and try again.

Another possible reason for this issue may be related to using different paths to the same company file - e.g. using one path in QuickBooks and another RangerMSP.

For example - using a mapped drive in one app and a UNC path to the same (company) file in the other.

Please visit RangerMSP > Tools > Options > QuickBooks tab see the path defined there.
Also see the path used by QuickBooks, in QuickBooks, to this very same company file.

BOTH apps should point to the company file using the same path!

It is a QuickBooks recommendation to use a UNC path in such cases.

Hope this helps.

marklonardo
March 13th, 2018, 03:26 PM
I followed all the options as suggested.
I tried shutting off all UAC functions and made sure security access to files involved was not limited and turned off antivirus software.
I repeated an installation of both Quickbooks 2008 and the latest trial of CommitCRM on a different computer system.
I got the same results.
I used a portable copy and backup copy of my quickbooks file.
I then downloaded and install a Quickbooks Pro 2018 trial version on this new system overwriting the 2008 version.
I imported and updated my company portable version to 2018 version of quickbooks with no glitches.
I tried to connect CommitCRM to the updated Quickbooks company file in QB Pro 2018, and I received the same UAC warning error.
I then created a new Quickbooks test company and was able to connect to CommitCRM with no issues.
There must be some issue when trying to connect to an original or updated and converted 2008 file even in Quckbooks 2018. I verified there are no security access limitations in the quickbooks 2008 company file.
I am going to try

Support Team
March 14th, 2018, 06:05 AM
Thank you for the detailed update.

We may be able to learn more about this issue for the log files that should contain the exact error returned from QuickBooks.

Please zip the folder \RangerMSP\Logs and email it to support @ RangerMSP.com

marklonardo
March 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Resolved.
On a hunch assuming the company file for QB2008 had some formatting issue that carried over to QB 2018 , I logged into QB 2018 and opened the updated company file that would not connect to CommitCRM.
I used QB2018 to create a local backup, and made sure to use the QB2018 recommended options for Complete Verification. Once the backup file was created I used QB2018 to restore the back up file just created and chose a new name.
When I went through the CommitCRM connection wizard for QB, the connection worked as it should giving CommitCRM access to QB.
So far I am in business to continue evaluating the Trial of CommitCRM.
FYI: The log file indicates a Quickbooks exception 00x80040408.

marklonardo
March 14th, 2018, 10:09 AM
I am also planning on updating to a newer version of Quickbooks.... 2008 is a long time ago in the software world!

Support Team
March 14th, 2018, 10:41 AM
Great! Thank you for your reply and update.