PDA

View Full Version : Create employee ticket from email

skidmarx101
January 26th, 2018, 10:47 PM
Hi All,

I've had a couple of shots at figuring this out but I'm yet to succeed, I suspect its possible.

I, as an employee in Commit CRM receive an email directly addressed to me. A ticket needs creating from this email but its for our organisation, not a customer.

I've tried sending the email to our email connector address with the @alias@domain.com.au (my email address) string in the subject (this is what we do with customers) but it doesn't work and we receive an email to advise it needs processing manually but with no further detail.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Support Team
January 29th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Thank you for posting this.

While sending the email to the Email Connector, you should add (@....) a unique email address - and that address must be stored as the email address of your business Account record in RangerMSP - and ONLY to that record.

Adding an employee email address will not work because an employee cannot be selected as the Account for new Tickets.

You can open the business Account record details using the Accounts menu > More Actions and then add any email address that does NOT exist under another Account or Employee records. Please also do NOT add the Email Connector's Public Email Address there (E.g. do not use the support email address used by Email Connector, as the email address for your business account).

Hope this helps.

skidmarx101
January 29th, 2018, 10:14 PM
Perfect, thanks.

racassel
January 23rd, 2019, 10:04 AM
Hi, I don't get it. In our company record, we have support@ourcompany.com as the email for our company record. support@ is the email address the connector sends from, and clients email to. Seems to be working fine....Until a ticket is attempted to be created for it.... Then we see 3-4 Err: Fw - Err:Fw - Err:Fw emails where the connector tries to talk to itself...... Should I just remove support@ from the company record? Then the email connector would create an internal email notice?

racassel
January 23rd, 2019, 10:11 AM
To clairify, we get the error, only by an alert email that goes to the technical manager from a RMM. An outlook rule is set to forward (from employee / tech director) to support@ . I think I will need to work around it by having a different email address or alias so the connector can create a ticket. ie: Send alerts to Comodo-Alert@ourcompany.com instead of support@ourcompany.com

Support Team
January 23rd, 2019, 11:20 AM
Yes, you should remove Support@ from that Account record. The Email Connector should be the only one place that address is set for.
the Connector's address must not be any alias/group/etc. It should have the main address of the mailbox and it should be the only one accessing that mailbox.