PDA

View Full Version : SMTP Exception: The server rejected the message

nattivillin
November 7th, 2017, 01:10 PM
SMTP Exception: The server rejected the message: 550 This message was classified as SPAM and may not be delivered.

A few things to note:

"This type of message cant be deleted" I cant delete the message without logging into the server directly. This is a huge time waster.

Can you make it so we can just delete the thing?

Secondly, it would help if we knew what (email address/ticket/customer) rejected the message so we can delete it out of commit and stop the alerts.

How do i find out what ticket or email address is causing this error in the first place?

Support Team
November 8th, 2017, 06:01 AM
​Thank you for posting this.

Such messages cannot be deleted from the application as ​they mean that the sending emails was blocked by the mail server and a user intervention is required.
The Email Connector performs several delivery attempts and it is most like that the mail server rejects the messages as it thinks that they are spam and it might also block the connection.

As for adding more information about the problematic email - we will log this request and will consider it. Thanks.

Please note that changing/removing problematic email address in RangerMSP will not remove the emails that are already pending sending - this should be done by the user and the service is not allowed to decide and delete such emails.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
November 8th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I shouldn't have to spent time logging into the server to delete a txt file. Hopefully nobody thinks that is a good use of a technicians time.

It wont fix the current issue, but will fix future issues which would happen the next time a ticket gets updated.

nattivillin
November 10th, 2017, 09:42 AM
If inbound spam finds its way to the connector, the sending email address doesn't have an account so the tickets gets marked for manual processing.

Does this process send anything outbound to the sending email address?

Support Team
November 10th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Email messages that do not create a new ticket but rather are forwarded for manual processing do not send anything back to the sender.

nattivillin
November 10th, 2017, 09:56 AM
That is odd. This is the message in CommitCRM labeled QItemOutbox171102151429_XP8NUP.bak_Cmt3:

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 15:12:24 -0400
To: <REMOVED>
Subject: ***SPAM*** November T-shirt special

<content removed>
------------------

We are trying to figure out how this got there.

Support Team
November 10th, 2017, 10:04 AM
This is a backup of an email message that was failed to sent by your mail server (seems like for good reasons). Such emails are not permanently deleted but rather stored as a backup.

We also recommend that you have your mailbox spam scanned before mail actually enters the mailbox.

nattivillin
November 10th, 2017, 10:08 AM
They get scanned, but you can't stop everything!

So that is normal and i can ignore those?

Support Team
November 10th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Yes, this is true. Normally you should not have many of such files.

nattivillin
November 27th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Looks like anything we send to an aol address gets a 550 error. Having to log into the server manually to delete theses is a chore.

Since the error message that CommitCRM displays doesn't tell us the account or email address that causes the 550 error, it isnt helpful.

Is there a way to stop CommitCRM from creating this worthless text file that i have to go in and delete for 550 errors?

Support Team
November 28th, 2017, 06:09 AM
This is a valid point and we will reevaluate how to approach some specific errors returned by the mail server.