PDA

View Full Version : Backup issues

bobwax
November 1st, 2017, 01:57 PM
My CommitCRM backup is failing with the error: Backup stopped (2) and a list of files in the DB folder

cards.adi (32)
cards.adm (32)
cards.adt (32)

andin the webinterface folder www..\ (cut off)

I have a screenshot available.

Thanks.
Bob

Support Team
November 1st, 2017, 02:16 PM
Thank you for posting this.

This error means that the database tables are still in use and therefore the backup fails.

Please stop all server-side services (RangerMSP Web Interface, RangerMSP Server, RangerMSP RMM Server, if installed) and run the backup again.

Another possible reason is that the files remain open by a process due to lack of privileges. You can try running RangerMSPBackup.exe as an Administrator and see whether it helps.

Hope this helps.

bobwax
November 1st, 2017, 02:29 PM
That did it. Can it be prevented from recuring?

Support Team
November 1st, 2017, 03:03 PM
Thank you for the update.

Usually stopping the services manually is not required.

We recommend to set all services to run under more powerful user (i.e. administrator), instead of the default Local System account.
This can be set under Log On tab in the service properties window

Last but not least - as you are using RangerMSP with SQL backend, we recommend you using a Live Backup (in addition to the current backup procedure). This will allow you to take a backup of the system while it is still in use.
This will also allow you to automate the process,for example, you can configure Windows Scheduler to automatically take backups. Configuration instruction can be found in the RangerMSPBackup.ini file under \RangerMSP\Utils folder.