PDA

View Full Version : Possible to link two CommitCRM contacts to one Quickbooks account?

ak47uk
September 21st, 2017, 03:26 AM
I have a client which runs two companies, they have asked me to log which charges are for one company and which are for the other. I suggested setting them up with two accounts so invoices are just sent to one company or the other and for some reason this is not acceptable to them. The problem is, it would be incredibly labour intensive to separate every single charge on these invoices.

My thought was for me to have two accounts set up for them on my backend, then link both these accounts to a single Quickbooks Online account. That way they get what they want (invoicing to all go to one company, all invoices in one place) but I can easily separate costs as each CommitCRM contact would have have charges on separate invoices rather than merged onto one.

I know I can add a contact to CommitCRM and when I try to send the invoice through to Quickbooks I can select to connect to an existing account, but I didn't know if this would break the connection with the other CommitCRM account?

Thanks

Support Team
September 21st, 2017, 06:05 AM
This is a tricky real-life scenario and your client does not make things easier :-)
You listed most of the options out there, either two RangerMSP Accounts that links to a QuickBooks Customer and a QuickBooks Job under this Customer, or a single Account under which you manage the relevant Contract once and then you also create two "SITE" secondary Contacts under the Account. Then, when a ticket is opened associate it with the relevant "site" Contact that will become the default Contact of the Charge - as a result different Charges will automatically be filed under different sites of the same customer.

Hope this helps!