PDA

View Full Version : Sorting in reports not working

Albracco
September 20th, 2017, 12:52 PM
when I run a "list of charges" report and tell it to sort by account (or any other field), it ignores the request and everything is sorted in order of ticket date. I tried it with a custom report I created and the standard "list of charges" report - same result. That is the main report I use. This had been working fine until recently (we recently upgraded to V15 and then V16). I use "legacy filtering mode."

Also, playing around with other standard reports, some give me messages like this:

DatRDp: Could not open DataSet
DatRbl: Error 7200: State = 42000; NativeError = 2115; [iAnywhere Solutions][Advantage SQL Engine]Expected lexical element not found: FROM You are missing the keyword FROM after the column definitions in your SELECT statement. -- Location of the error in the SQL statement is: 18

Support Team
September 20th, 2017, 01:59 PM
Each system report has its own layout that requires different sorting. For example - a report that is displays customers and then their tickets and then the charges for each ticket has to be sorted by Account > Ticket > Charges up-front. Therefore different reports have different sort settings. The additional sorting options that are set by the user come after the system sorting. This is also true for customized reports, when you copy a system report to a custom one the original data structure and sort order is also copied, so you start from the same place. Having said that, some more basic list reports have a more flexible sorting.

In order to sort a Charges report by Account, use the 'Detailed Charges Report by Accounts' report. It first sort charges by accounts and then sort the charges separately for each account.

In regards to the message you reported on - please email us your log files for analysis, hopefully we will learn what were causing it there.

Hope this helps!

Albracco
September 20th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Well, while I might be able to live with the different report you mention, I have been using my preferred "List of charges" report for several years - selecting to sort by account - without an issue. So something has gone wrong.

I have sent the log files.

Support Team
September 21st, 2017, 06:03 AM
We reviewed the log files and it seems that there is indeed a problem with sorting this Charges list report by the Account field. We will fix it. Thanks!

Albracco
September 22nd, 2017, 08:41 AM
thanks - keep me posted.

Albracco
October 25th, 2018, 08:59 AM
We are on the current version, but it seems that a year later, this has never been fixed.

Al

Support Team
October 29th, 2018, 06:06 AM
Thank you for following up on this. We will review this specific sorting issue again and will perform the required changes. Thanks.