PDA

View Full Version : Tracking which ticket an asset came from

ak47uk
September 18th, 2017, 09:22 AM
Is there a way to track which ticket an asset came from? i.e. I have a ticket where I supply a piece of equipment, I right-click the charge in the ticket and select new asset from charge and enter in the details of where it was from etc.

In the future can I open the asset and see which ticket it came from?

Thanks

Support Team
September 18th, 2017, 10:17 AM
​You can go back to the original Ticket and link that Ticket to this Asset. This way, whenever you'll view the Ticket or Asset you can see the two relate. For example, from the Asset visit the Tickets tab (of the Asset) to see all linked tickets, in this case the first one is probably the one you're looking for.

Hope this helps.​

ak47uk
September 18th, 2017, 10:19 AM
Thanks but how would this work if a lot of equipment is supplied as part of a single job (ticket)? If I understand properly you are saying to select the Asset in the drop down list of the ticket details but I thought only one asset can be selected here.

Support Team
September 18th, 2017, 10:42 AM
Yes, this is correct when you looking at it from this angle. What you can do then is to add a new custom tab and place a custom field on it that will be used for ticket selection. Then, under this custom tab of the Asset you'll pick the Ticket it has "started" from.

Hope this helps.