PDA

View Full Version : Track emails in RangerMSP

Support Team
September 7th, 2017, 07:54 AM
RangerMSP User Question*

I would like to import and track emails in RangerMSP, so that I can look through the emails only related to the particular tickets under some client accounts.
How can I achieve this?

If client whose contact information has been stored in RangerMSP sends an email related to one ticket to public email address, will RangerMSP record this email message in ticket history?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

Support Team
September 7th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Answer

Sure, Email Connector module will allow you to create new tickets from incoming emails and will also manage all email correspondence with customers under their Tickets.

In short, here is how Email Connector works:

Email that is sent by the client is converted to the Ticket under this customer Account, if the sender email address exists for the Account/Contact.
If the sender email does not exist - the ticket will be created under your business record as 'Unrecognized sender' - you can turn this off and do not create tickets from unknown senders so such emails will be forwarded to the manual processing.

You can reply to the customer right from the Ticket details (using the Email button on the toolbar) or from your email. Please note that the Ticket number should exist on the email subject.

A customer can also reply to the email.

All emails related to the ticket should be sent To:<public email address>. Email Connector will distribute them to all Ticket recipients (i.e. to the customer and other employees) and will also file all emails under the Ticket History as Email Messages.

Email Messages can be also viewed under Account History - you should select 'Detailed' option at the bottom of the tab.