PDA

View Full Version : Automatically set an item as not-billable

Support Team
September 5th, 2017, 06:55 AM
RangerMSP User Question*

We want to add a labor charge as unbillable for time tracking purpose under some contracts.
However employees sometime forget to unselect the 'Billable' box.
Can we setup the current labor item to automatically not be billable?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

Support Team
September 5th, 2017, 06:56 AM
Answer

Yes, for Global Contracts, you can set a group or a specific item to be marked as Not-Billable by default, when adding Charges under this Contract.
It can be set under Contract Custom Settings tab.

For example, you can define all Labor Charges as Not-billable or add an exception for a specific item.

As a result, the users will not need to remember to un-check the billable flag.

/forum_images/contract_custom_settings.png

You can find all information about Contract Custom Settings here.

AN-Tech
September 11th, 2017, 09:50 AM
Can this be made global or does it have to be done for each account?

Support Team
September 11th, 2017, 10:53 AM
This is a per-contract custom settings. Different contract types do have their default behavior, but when adding a global contract for each Account you should configure it to your requirements, it cannot be set to all customers in your database.

Hope this helps.

lpopejoy
September 11th, 2017, 02:26 PM
+100 for a global "unbillable" option!!

AN-Tech
September 11th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I would love that as well. Also just my opinion but a contract named Global System Contract sounds like it should cover the system globally :-)

Support Team
September 12th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Thanks for your feedback. Well, it's global at the customer level but that might definitely be confusing initially.

lpopejoy
January 11th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Could we make it so that the global system contract could be managed like a normal contract? In other words, I want to be able to specfify that there are some items that aren't "allowed" on the global system contract, and control the billing status of other items, globally.

For instance, none of our MSP labor rates should ever be charged on the global system.

Also, our "Unbillable Drive Time Tracking" item shouldn't ever be billable ANYWHERE. It's a $0 item, but if someone doesn't uncheck the "billable" status, it can still end up on an invoice.

Support Team
January 11th, 2018, 08:40 AM
Interesting idea. Currently these settings available for the customer contracts and cannot be set for the Global System Contract that is basically a 'virtual' contract.
We will log your suggestion and it will be reviewed.

lpopejoy
January 11th, 2018, 08:52 AM
Thanks, I appreciate the consideration!