PDA

View Full Version : Unable to launch on network systems

bobwax
September 4th, 2017, 03:14 PM
When I try to launch Commitcrm on a network system it freezes at the splash screen. It runs normally as a local app.

Support Team
September 5th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Do you see any error message? If so - what does it say?

Does it occur when trying to run RangerMSP from any machine? Any domain user?

Please try to run <server>\RangerMSP\Client\RangerMSP.exe file as an administrator - right click the file and use the run as administrator menu option and see whether it helps.

It might also be related to the permissions. Please re-apply file access rights for all users for RangerMSP folder tree including sub-folders.

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes.

bobwax
September 5th, 2017, 06:26 AM
The error is #6420. If you pm me at bwaxler@bluebellgroup.net I can send you a screenshot.

I did recently move the CommitCRM server from VMware to Hyper-v. All Domain security was left unchanged. I am a one man band. CommitCRM is installed as a client on both my desktop and laptop. I have Domain Admin rights and all users have full access to the share. Thanks. Running the .exe yields the same results. When run on the host, I am using RDP.

Support Team
September 5th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Thank you. From what we can tell you use the SQL backend that should be installed on the Hyper-v (e.g. the machine that hosts RangerMSP).

The error 6420 means that RangerMSP client has failed to auto-discover where the SQL server is when initially connected to it.
Assuming SQL is installed - You should configure ADS.ini file to solve this or update the existing file with new server IP.

Hope this helps.

bobwax
September 5th, 2017, 07:07 AM
That did it, thanks.

Support Team
September 5th, 2017, 07:13 AM
Great!