PDA

View Full Version : History Notes

stwman11
August 20th, 2017, 03:14 PM
We have started using History Notes to keep track of time. I'd like to have a way to keep track of how we were contacted - for instanced, we get a text from Client A and take a note that they texted. We are now putting it in the note, but it would be great to have a dropdown to choose perhaps, "Method of Contact" or "Reason for Note", from which we could choose text, email, phone or hallway/in person. Is this something we can customize already? Or do we need to put in a suggestion, such as this forum post?

Support Team
August 21st, 2017, 06:04 AM
Thank you for posting this.

There are already two dropdown fields for History Note window that you can use exactly for this. You can rename the field names and create your own the value lists so users will simply pick a value.

When adding a new History Note you simply need to click a pencil icon to be prompted with additional fields:

/forum_images/history_note_window1.png

Use the pop up menu to customize the values and access Field Settings to rename the field name:

/forum_images/history_note_window2.png

Hope this helps.

stwman11
August 21st, 2017, 01:12 PM
I see that! We can just type in a value, press tab, then it is there next time. Thank you.

stwman11
August 22nd, 2017, 08:07 AM
I am using the web interface, but did use the GUI to add the values to the field. However, when I use the web to enter a note, the old fields still populate the dropdown. I've checked a couple times to make sure they listed in the GUI, which they do, but still are not listed in the web interface.

Support Team
August 22nd, 2017, 08:15 AM
Please restart 'RangerMSP Web Interface' service or IIS (if in use) to refresh the values in the list.

stwman11
August 22nd, 2017, 09:41 AM
I did that and it has populated. Thank you.