PDA

View Full Version : Customize Header on Web Interface and Presentation of Items

stwman11
August 4th, 2017, 08:53 AM
Is there a way to customize the tabs in the web interface?
Accounts | Tickets | Assets | Opportunities | etc
I rarely access Opportunities, Contracts and Quotes which is just wasted space. It would be great to be able to pick what we want to see up there, such as the new awesome Passwords or Global Search, Tasks or any of the other choices under More.

For the presentations of tickets and such, I'd love to see a dashboard of types where we can see lots of condensed information without too many details. 3 or 4 rows of boxes with a ticket, the account, whether an appointment is scheduled and if so what time, a list of tasks (I keep a task list for parts to buy when I go to the store), perhaps a small calendar with a list of upcoming appointments or even a calendar with bold dates for dates with appointments or upcoming expirations.

To be upfront, I have spent a couple weeks looking around for a different PSA and CRM, but, what I have found is that all systems probably give users 70% (subjective) of what they want. I did see a lot of things I would like, but when it comes down to making a switch, what I have discovered is garbage in/garbage out. CommitCRM does everything I need; I just need to get the information in and follow up, as I would have to in any system. Some have great bells and whistles, but I am, like most of us I am sure, care more about functionality and CommitCRM gives that us. My concern here is more presentation and organization. The GUI offers some of the things I would like to see, I think, but I use it only to make changes - it is the web interface I use everyday.

Support Team
August 4th, 2017, 10:56 AM
Thank you for posting this and for your feedback. Great that you liked the new Password Manager. At this point the Web main menu cannot be customized, we'll take a note of this as well as on the other ideas that you mentioned. We also appreciate you being up-front and sharing your thought process.