PDA

View Full Version : Chat integration

scoplin
July 21st, 2017, 10:36 AM
With Skype's latest update to be more like instagram and snapchat, we are exploring other options for internal chat with our techs and other MSP's we work with. A nice to have would be a way to integrate with CommitCRM or tag conversation snips as related to tickets. Has anyone done or explored anything like this yet?

nattivillin
July 21st, 2017, 06:33 PM
Be nice if CommitCRM integrated with slack!

scoplin
July 21st, 2017, 08:58 PM
Hipchat offers some integrations. Dunno if it's something that will work out.

HavenZone
July 25th, 2017, 12:00 AM
HipChat is a nice chat platform for inside the business, if you use Office365 you could try out MS Teams for inside chat and sharing files... Its the replacement for Skype for chat.

scoplin
July 25th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Hipchat is something I was recommended from another source as well.

My goal is to find something that allows users to text the tech group to communicate as well (creating a new private group chat). I don't know if that's possible.

nattivillin
July 25th, 2017, 11:56 AM
If someone knows of a way to communicate with customers via text, i would love to hear it!

scoplin
July 25th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I'll try to remember to come back to this and update it when/if I settle on something. I am also set for email notifications on this thread, so feel free to poke for an update in a few weeks.

danhen310
July 28th, 2017, 02:33 PM
+1 for chat!
Preferences: (not necessarily in order of importance)
- integrate with other services (unlike Skype) - see matrix.org which provides bridges to other systems
- teams
- search
- encryption
Some to consider:
- Hipchat
- Mattermost
- Riot.IM

HavenZone
July 17th, 2019, 10:53 AM
MS Office365 just released Kaizala.. it seems nice so far but there is no desktop app yet. It is the web browser or mobile app. Once they put out a windows app it should be good... it is a lot like teams but you can communicate with people outside the company as well. so you can setup groups for clients.

stephan
July 17th, 2019, 05:57 PM
Chat integration would be fantastic. Especially if we can also stick a link for it on our website/RMM System Tray Widget

stephan
July 17th, 2019, 06:15 PM
Rocket.Chat ?

https://rocket.chat/

LFITServices
August 12th, 2019, 02:06 PM
MS Teams is really the only answer.