PDA

View Full Version : Import Secondary Contacts duplicates

Lampson_sec
July 17th, 2017, 03:33 PM
No matter how I slice it, whenever I import secondary contacts via Excel I get duplicate contacts...

I've tried adding to the import Excel Sheet:
Accounts - Record ID
Record ID

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I CANNOT get it to UPDATE instead of creating new secondary contacts....

Also - is there an automated CLI method to import, or ONLY the GUI? If I want automation is my only option to write my own API?

Thanks!

Support Team
July 18th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Thank you for posting this. In case you have the Record ID field value (which is a unique identifier of the record) for each Contact in the file you try to import, you should use Import Accounts option (unlike the Secondary Contacts import option) and map the Record ID field. This should update existing Secondary Contacts records instead of creating new ones.

The built-in import wizard can be run only using RangerMSP client and cannot be automated, unless you create your own application using our API.

Hope this helps.

Lampson_sec
July 18th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Ok, so this all seems moot then.. for this to be useful I need it to be automated.

Is there any intention of CommitCRM to develop any CLI tools to move data in/out, (and/or) is there a place where customers have collaborated tools built with the API?

Support Team
July 18th, 2017, 10:43 AM
​The client options to import data are built into RangerMSP.
Each use the API to their needs. Basically to write a program that imports automatically you'll need to have it loop the records of the data source, create an API object (Account/Asset/Charge/etc.) and add it to RangerMSP, overall a straight forward process.

Hope this helps.​