PDA

View Full Version : Prevent tickets from being set to cancelled

nattivillin
July 13th, 2017, 10:54 AM
We can stop a ticket from being closed with no charges. This does not seem to work for tickets marked cancelled however, a ticket set to cancelled is essentially a closing function. It even sends an email alert saying the ticket was closed.

How do we prevent people from marking tickets cancelled?

99% of cancelled tickets will never have charges, but we have people changing the status to cancelled when they absolutely should not be!

Support Team
July 13th, 2017, 11:30 AM
You cannot prevent users from marking a ticket canceled.

Closed Tickets and Canceled Tickets are entirely different and service an entirely different purpose.

Canceled tickets are ones that were opened by accident, are a duplicate, etc. no charges are usually logged under them nor much of an activity, if any.

Closed tickets are "real" tickets, ones you've been working on, logged time, parts use, expenses, added notes, communicated with the customer over email, etc.

Therefore for closed tickets you have the tools to prevent tickets from closing in case not charges have been entered, no resolution got filled, etc.

Such tools are not applicable for canceled tickets.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

nattivillin
July 13th, 2017, 01:05 PM
I don't think you understand my problem.

We need to make sure the management team decides when a ticket should be cancelled. Just like the management team decides if a ticket with no charges can be closed.

Now we have techs marking tickets "cancelled" when it shouldn't be.

Support Team
July 13th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Thank you. I'll add a request for a way to block users from canceling tickets while allowing them to close them. I do see how this might create new problems but anyway this is a good feedback, Thanks.

nattivillin
July 13th, 2017, 01:37 PM
Thanks!

We have discovered someone who sometimes marks tickets as "cancelled" when they don't want to do whatever it is. They are not able to close the ticket, but marking it cancelled hides tickets from reports pretty damn well.

We'll handle the discipline part internally, but i want to make sure we are providing good tech support t our clients by making sure no tickets fall through the cracks.

Can we have the system email us a report about tickets market cancelled from yesterday?

That may be a faster short term solution.

Support Team
July 14th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Here are a few ideas -

In case you use the Report Scheduler for Employees module, we will be able to provide you with a query that does this so you'll get daily reports by email listing all canceled tickets.

Another option - Using Tools > Options > Tickets (admin) tab - you can customize and rename the 'Canceled' status value to 'DO NOT USE!', while users may still select it, it may help preventing them from doing it.

Finally, there's the Live Data pane on the right side, you can add a 'Box' there that shows the number of canceled tickets, anything the number grows you can click the box to go to the list of canceled tickets and easily see new ones that been canceled.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
July 25th, 2017, 11:55 AM
How can i create a daily report with ticket statuses?

Support Team
July 25th, 2017, 01:56 PM
You can schedule a Tickets based report that will be emailed to your inbox on a daily basis. Its filtering criteria should probably be related to Tickets created recently and it should include tickets assigned to anymore. The existing report won't be grouped at the record level by status. If needed, we may be able to add a custom filtering criteria for cancelled tickets only.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
July 28th, 2017, 07:59 AM
I couldn't find a way to get only cancelled tickets in the past 24 hours.

Support Team
July 28th, 2017, 08:34 AM
We will create such a custom query for you and will send it to you over email. I expect it to be ready on Monday.

Hope this helps.

Support Team
July 31st, 2017, 06:07 AM
Update - We have just sent you an email with a patch and instructions.

nattivillin
October 17th, 2017, 10:20 AM
This works great, BTW.

AN-Tech
October 26th, 2017, 08:11 AM
Could I get a copy of that as well if it hasn't been implemented in a newer version?

Support Team
October 26th, 2017, 09:53 AM
Sure, we have just sent you an email with instructions.