PDA

View Full Version : Bulk Update of Client Data

Support Team
April 5th, 2017, 07:18 AM
RangerMSP User Question*

I want to update an Account field of all selected Accounts.

How can I do this?

--
* Question received by email and shared here for the benefit of our users.

Support Team
April 5th, 2017, 07:19 AM
Answer

Yes, you can bulk-update accounts.

For this you first need to filter the list to only include the Accounts that you want to update. You can filter the list using a search or by using a filter.

Once the list displays the Accounts that you wish to update (any number of Accounts) -

From the menu select Accounts > Tools > Batch Update....

In the window that opens pick the fields you want to update and their value.

Done!

Side note: I'd recommend that you take a backup BEFORE running the batch update as there is NO "undo" option and in seconds you can literally update thousands of accounts.

Vowcorp
June 20th, 2018, 11:29 AM
How can you remove data from a field with Batch Update?

We want to remove Account Manager from All Accounts.

I can get it to change, but how can we remove completely and empty that field?

Support Team
June 20th, 2018, 01:05 PM
Thank you for asking. This is an interesting use case. The Batch Update feature is design to set values for the fields you select and to all Accounts (the filtered list), however, it cannot empty the Account Manage at this stage but rather assign another person as the manager. We've taken a note of this. Thanks!

Vowcorp
June 20th, 2018, 01:06 PM
How can we get this cleared? We use the email connector, and now all accounts have 1 account manager, and they are getting every email. Need to be able to clear a field as well as set one.

Support Team
June 20th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Batch-update of Accounts cannot be used to empty fields. You can update the Account record itself and empty its Manager field, or - users can select not to receive email alerts as "Account Manager" by visiting the Tools > Options > Alerts tab and changing their alerting preferences.

Hope this helps.