PDA

View Full Version : CommitCRM - Quickbooks Link Items Issues

Bestrafung
March 27th, 2017, 01:13 PM
I have 541 item rows in CommitCRM to add to Quickbooks. When I click Create New Part in Quickbooks the item is sent but it only imports the name and price. Is there a way to import the item code to manufacturer part number or import other custom fields? Also, is there a way to mass import items from CommitCRM to Quickbooks instead of the other way around?

Bestrafung
March 27th, 2017, 01:24 PM
Also, most of my items have the same name but a different item code depending on options. Unfortunately, Quickbooks requires a unique name. Is there a way to create the items in Quickbooks without renaming all of the items?

Support Team
March 28th, 2017, 06:01 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Items can be batch imported/synced from QuickBooks into RangerMSP, though pushing Item updates from RangerMSP to your accounting program, QuickBooks, is only supported on a one by one basis.

You may try the following:
1. Export items from RangerMSP to Excel - using the 'Export' data on the toolbar in the Items window.

2. Import items to QuickBooks from Excel - in case QuickBooks allows to map imported fields, you can import Item Code used in RangerMSP as Item Name in QuickBooks. In case you are not familiar with importing options in QuickBooks, please contact their support or review the documentation. Also we strongly recommend that you backup QuickBooks company file before importing the data.

3. Once the items exist in QuickBooks, you can link between parallel item in QuickBooks and RangerMSP (one at a time) using the 'QB' drop down menu in the Items window - for more information about this please review QuickBooks Link Items Options.

Hope this helps