PDA

View Full Version : Email templates ticket conversation thread

nattivillin
March 20th, 2017, 09:45 AM
When using outlook, you can have the email history under your reply. This helps to keep track of what the email is about.

I would like a similar feature turned on for the email connector. Currently the tickets that go back/forth dont include what was said before.

I don't see a data field that I can add to the template that will pull in SOME of the previous conversation. I say SOME because i don't want all. Just the last reply will suit our needs.

When a customer has multiple tickets open, it is difficult to keep track of the conversation with only the ticket number and ticket description.

Support Team
March 20th, 2017, 10:31 AM
To quote and include the original email in your reply use the 'Reply' option from the Ticket Preview or history tabs, that is - use the option from the customer reply listing unlike the generic Email option on the toolbar, this way the email you are replying too will be quoted.

Hope this helps.

nattivillin
March 20th, 2017, 11:10 AM
What email template is used when you hit reply?

Support Team
March 20th, 2017, 01:13 PM
If you simply hit 'Reply' is uses the default Email Template, however, you'll find a small down-arrow button next to it that lets you pick any template that you want.

nattivillin
March 21st, 2017, 06:09 AM
How do I make the reply button use the template i want?

Support Team
March 21st, 2017, 06:53 AM
Just use the small arrow button next to the 'Reply' link to select a template:

/forum_images/reply_to_ticket.png