PDA

View Full Version : Edit / Customise Initial Email to Technician when a new ticket is created.

stevepbennett
February 15th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Hi,

How do I change/edit/customise the INITIAL email sent to a Technician when a New Ticket is created by the Email Connector please?

I have found how to change the emails being sent to customer and have successfully edited the HTML emails using the Email Templates and selected these for use using
Tools | Options | Alerts to Customers
Then the Dropdown selections in each section.

But I cannot find anything similar for the Emails to Technicians.

I have found where to switch these on and off. i.e.
Tools | Options | Alerts | User Settings

and I have found the Alerts User Settings in the Email Connector Setup, but these do not show which Template is being used or how to change the Template.

Regards,
Steve B

Support Team
February 15th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Thank you for asking. Just like you found the alerts to customers can be customized, however, the alerts sent to techs cannot. Each tech can select which alerts they want to receive (under Tools>Options>Alerts tab). The content of such alerts is fixed and they also have a structured subject line that helps in configuring email-client-app rules to filter, skip, etc. such emails. In case you wanted any specific details added that such alerts please share your feedback and we will take a note. Thanks.

stevepbennett
February 16th, 2017, 01:36 AM
Hi,
As always... Thanks for the prompt response.
I thought I was just being "blonde"
8^)

In my case though I was looking to just have the basic detail that a Ticket had been raised and which customer - which is included of course.
However, I can't see a reason to send the Resolution field when a Ticket is created and was hoping to edit that out.

Not a show stopper by any means.
Best regards,
Steve B