PDA

View Full Version : Merged continuum tickets?

scoplin
February 5th, 2017, 01:26 PM
If we merge tickets in CommitCRM that are sync'ed with Continuum, what happens to the Continuum ticket?

For example, I have a patching ticket (ticket A) and they request I start a chat. I start the chat (ticket B) and go through the process. They then indicate they will escalate ticket B for further work. What's the best way for me to handle these on the CommitCRM site? Just link them all and then once the whole issue is resolved, merge/close them? Or can I merge them while Continuum is making updates to ticket B and start to get those updates in ticket A?

Support Team
February 6th, 2017, 06:03 AM
You should probably link between the ticket A and B in RangerMSP to keep the references.

Merging Ticket A into Ticket B may result in creating a new ticket C in case there will be any new/future updates for the ticket A that was merged/deleted in RangerMSP.

Once the issue is solved you can closed both tickets in RangerMSP - this action will also close them in Continuum.

Hope this helps.

scoplin
February 6th, 2017, 08:10 AM
Gotcha, so it sounds like my best bet is just to link them on the Commit side, then once all related work is done and we are closing, just closed them all. IE: Don't merge tickets if they are sync'ed with Continuum.

Support Team
February 6th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Sounds right. You can definitely merge tickets once they are closed in Continuum.

racassel
February 16th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Is there a "best-practice, real world" usage document for the Continuum link? Seems it would eliminate a lot of trial and errors and gotcha's.

scoplin
February 16th, 2017, 11:25 AM
I found a lot of my information by searching this forum. If you have any questions, I have found that there are a lot of folks on here with answers and support is quick to respond. If it's not been posted, put up the question, give it a day or so and you will have a few good answers.

I don't think there is one central place with that, but if there was, I would think that it would be on the RMM integration page in the wiki.