PDA

View Full Version : Maybe a stupid question...

lpopejoy
January 28th, 2017, 07:15 PM
On external email recipients, if one external user replies to an email, all other external recipients receive a copy of that email as well, right?

Suddenly, I'm unsure of this behavior.

Support Team
January 30th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Thank you for asking. When customers reply tickets, their reply is distributed only to internal recipients (e.g. employees) configured for this Ticket. So: Inbound from the customers - all internal recipients get it, Outbound to the customer - all recipients (external + internal) will receive it.

Hope this helps.

lpopejoy
January 30th, 2017, 07:06 AM
I'm glad I asked! Thanks for clarifying that for me! That's great that it already works that way.

nattivillin
February 2nd, 2017, 09:21 PM
Glad to see that is the way it worked. I was worried a weeks ago when "somehow" the external recipients list included 5 people.

scoplin
February 3rd, 2017, 09:35 AM
To clarify, what happens if User A replies back then User B also replies back with something else? Is it then up to us to reply to the ticket with both sets of information to keep A and B on the same page?

Support Team
February 3rd, 2017, 10:12 AM
When a tech replies to a ticket by emailing the the email connector about this ticket their reply will go to all External Recipients, so if Cusotmer User A and Customer User B are external recipients for this ticket they will both receive the reply from the technician.

scoplin
February 3rd, 2017, 10:20 AM
Right, but Customer B won't get Customer A's reply, correct?

Support Team
February 3rd, 2017, 10:53 AM
Yes, correct. With customers, the tech's reply will only go to External Recipients listed under the specific Ticket.