PDA

View Full Version : Client reopen completed ticket via email reply

scoplin
January 19th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Sorry if this is in the documentation, my search wasn't able to find it.

If a client replies back to a closed ticket via email, how can we get the ticket status to change out of completed?

I just tested from my own gmail and it put the reply in the ticket, but the status stayed closed. This makes it possible for us to miss a client saying an issue is not resolved.

Support Team
January 19th, 2017, 11:43 AM
A Ticket is not automatically reopened when the customer reply - for many reasons, for example, the customer simply emailed a "Thank you" message and reopening the ticket and then tech closing it might hurt different statistics, like the time between open and close, etc.

However, from your question I suspect that maybe you are less familiar with the Tickets Inbox feature.

The idea of the Ticket Inbox is that any external interactions from a customer pushes the Ticket to the top of the Tickets Inbox. This includes replies to closed tickets as well. So, monitoring the Tickets in the inbox is a handy way to be on top of all ticket related interaction with customers.

Learn all about using the Tickets Inbox.

Hope this helps!

scoplin
January 23rd, 2017, 05:26 PM
Thanks! This looks like it's what we need to learn more about.

nattivillin
January 26th, 2017, 12:17 PM
We need is a timer so that after a ticket has been closed for 7 days any replies are met with "This ticket is closed. If you are still experiencing an issue please open a new ticket."

scoplin
January 26th, 2017, 10:23 PM
That would be handy to have after X days that we can specify in an option. That will help to keep from users just going back to their last issue from 3 months and replying to it with a new (unrelated) issue.

nattivillin
January 27th, 2017, 03:32 PM
+1

They always find some old ass email and hit reply with some new issue.

aaspeer
January 27th, 2017, 09:26 PM
This would be big for us +1 from me too!

lpopejoy
January 28th, 2017, 07:18 PM
This is certainly a challenging issue. We don't find people replying to old tickets too often (almost never) - but I would say that the inbox has extremely limited value. Maybe we are doing things wrong, but our "inbox" fills up with so much stuff due to our use of the API that it just isn't practical to use the inbox.

Our inbox probably has 5k tickets in it right now.

I would love if tickets that had been updated via email could actually behave more like Outlook read/unread or something. Because at this point, techs just rely on the Outlook inbox to "remind" them to respond to a ticket.

Support Team
January 30th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Thank you. Your feedback is noted.

For what it worth, it is possible to remove multiple tickets from inbox at once using the option 'Batch Remove Tickets from Inbox' under Tickets menu > Tools.
We recommend to filter the list before using this option.
In addition, completing the ticket also removes it from the Inbox.

ericjmail
March 4th, 2017, 12:19 PM
+1 from us as well

most customers reply to any email from us they happen to see - even if it's month's old - would be great to politely point out this is a closed issue and embed a link that will help them start a new issue

nattivillin
March 7th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Maybe that is the trick.

Can we customize the email response to customers based on the ticket status? if so we could make it say, you have replaced to a closed ticket yada-yada, then include a link to create a new ticket.

I would still want the system based on ticket aging, but that may be a decent work around.

Support Team
March 8th, 2017, 06:05 AM
During the Ticket life-cycle an Auto-Response is sent to the customer for the initial email that they've sent, telling the customer about the newly created ticket.

Other notifications the customer or technicians get are the result of processing email replies sent by people and once they got filed under the Ticket.

Auto-responses for ticket aging or other cases based on status - that's interesting and will be considered. Thanks.