PDA

View Full Version : Time tracking report for clients

scoplin
January 16th, 2017, 03:31 PM
We currently use Quickbooks Online for generating a time tracking report weekly to some of our clients. Tech's enter in their time via a QB timekeeper login. I'm trying to bring it all into CommitCRM and consolidate this for techs to only need to enter their time in one place.

I normally have on our reports the date, tech name, time start/stop, total time, details of the work done, then at the bottom, total time. We also have two different types of work. Billable and Non-Billable. The report should only reflect Billable.

- When I try to copy a Time tracking report, it says it's a special system report and can't be copied. Do I need to do this elsewhere?
- How would I design a report if I can't copy one of these?

Support Team
January 17th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Thank you for posting this.

Indeed it is possible to track techs' time in RangerMSP using Charges.
Techs should add a Charge with Start/End Time that will automatically fill the Time Spent value.
Usually Time Spent is used for internal purposes - e.g. in order to track the actual time the tech spent on performing the work and the customer is exposed to the Hours amount that may differ than actually time spent by a tech.

As for generating reports - Time Tracking reports show and summarize both - Time Spent and Time Charged (Hours Amount field), so in case there if no difference between their values, i.e. you bill the customer for exact time spent on the work, then you can definitely use one of Time Tracking reports.

As Time Tracking reports cannot be customized (by design, there use special calculations), you can use one of the Charge reports that show exactly the same data and you can copy the system report and customize it further.

In order to generate the Charges or Time Tracking report to include only Billable Charges, you should define a filter for the report with condition Billing Status Equals... 'Billable'.

/forum_images/charges_reports_filter_billable_charges.png

For detailed information on customizing reports, please use the links below:

* Reports Designer User Guide
* Reports FAQ

Hope this helps.