PDA

View Full Version : Calendar Question

spagliaroli
January 16th, 2017, 11:48 AM
Hello, fairly new to CommitCRM, is there a way for a ticket in the calendar with a high priority to be displayed in a different color or perhaps if it is flagged or something like that. i dont want our techs to have to search for a high priority appointment, id rather them to just be able to look at the calendar and see something with high importance. either via color or another visual indicator.
thanks for any help

Support Team
January 16th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Thank you for asking. Calendar appointments can be set with a background color of your choice. When dispatching a Ticket (e.g. dragging the ticket from the tickets list and onto the relevant technician/time) a new Appointment is added linking to that ticket. While it won't be related to the Ticket priority, you can easily set the color for that appointment as you wish and have your own coloring scheme - red means X, green means Y, etc.

Hope this helps.

spagliaroli
January 16th, 2017, 12:07 PM
we use the color coding to distinguish between employees. any other way?

Support Team
January 16th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Here's a idea: For very urgent appointment - start their description with "URGENT" - so the graphic 'box' in the calendar will show it first.
Another idea is to allocate one of the colors for urgent matters and not use this color for employees.

spagliaroli
January 16th, 2017, 12:27 PM
thats what ive been doing already, however i would like to keep the description as specific as possible. as scheduling is constantly changing so does their importance. i lose a lot of time opening a ticket and altering its text. you currently have the option to increase or decrease the tickets importance, i was just wondering if there was a way to alter its appearance once i select this option.

Support Team
January 16th, 2017, 12:34 PM
The Ticket importance affects the list of tickets directly (high priority tickets are displayed first, by default, etc.), however, it does not affect how appointments look. This makes sense and we've just taken a note on this. Thanks for asking.