PDA

View Full Version : Question on history notes and alerts to clients

scoplin
January 10th, 2017, 04:29 PM
I may be completely missing this, but what is the workflow to for a tech to update a ticket, have that update show up in the ticket history as a note, email, etc, and also trigger an email to go out to the email recipients on the ticket?

Second question is how do I specify which email template is used to send that alert to the client?

I see the New ticket, the Schedule change and the close for alerts to clients, but nothing else.

Support Team
January 11th, 2017, 05:59 AM
Thanks for asking. Alerts to Customers are triggered on newly created or closed ticket or on when the status of tickets change - all based on the settings configured under Tools >Options > Alerts to Customers tab.

In order to send additional free-text updates about the ticket to the customer (e.g. all ticket recipients), the tech should simply send an email about it from Ticket details using the Email button on the toolbar. The email will be sent to Public Email Address configured for Email Connector and then distributed to a customer (i.e. External Recipients listed under the Ticket) by the Email Connector and also nicely filed under Ticket History.
When it comes to History Notes, while the customer may see them when logging into the Customer Web Portal, subject the privileges, they will not get email notifications when such notes are added.

Side note: You do not have to use RangerMSP to send such emails. Users can send an email from any email app and device they have. They should simply include the ticket number as part of the Subject line of that message and address it to the email connector address. Their email message will then be distributed to the customer as well as filed under the Ticket.

Hope this helps.

scoplin
January 11th, 2017, 02:19 PM
Thanks, I'm messing with that today to confirm I understand.

Is there a way to remove the below from the email templates? I created a new template with just my signature in it and I still get the below.
----------------
Committed to customer service. Our business is powered by CommitCRM.
CommitCRM – PSA, CRM, Service Management and Billing for Leading IT Service Providers

Support Team
January 12th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Sure, we have just sent you an email.

scoplin
January 12th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Thanks, very straight forward.